Tuesday, October 4, 2011

different paths.



have you ever had a day where you were handed two options,
and from those two options came two totally different paths?
i can think of a few times this has happened to me.
but today, it was almost ironic how quickly it all happened.

while at work at the bank i felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.
when i got the chance i checked it and saw that i had a voicemail.
it was my old boss telling me to come in and talk to him.
(meaning he wanted me to work for him again.)
sidenote: i left by choice, to work at the bank.
so after listening to the call i started thinking to myself.
about all the things that would change, and the things that would stay the same.
i had been wanting this for awhile because things weren't going so smoothly for me at my current job.
then, interrupting my thoughts, the phone rang and i answered.
it was my boss at the bank.
calling to ask if i would call when my shift was over so they could talk to me about a new position.
a position that i had asked about quite awhile back.

so basically, i have two options in front of me.
an old position. and a new position.
you all kind of know i have my issues with my current job.
but this is a step forward, right?
something that would look good on the resume perhaps?
if i take it, i am committing to at least 6 months more at the bank.
given that choice a few months ago i would have ran away screaming.
but i also cant seem to help but think, taking my old job would be like taking a step backwards.
and i dont think i am in any position to be taking backward steps.

decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

  1. wow..i seriously have no advice. i am just as torn as you are!
    -m

    ReplyDelete