Monday, September 26, 2011

slow motion.


i've had a hard time being away from my family lately.
especially after this last little trip.
parts of me feel like i'm missing out on so many things not being around them.
it sort of feels like a completely different life when i throw myself into it for the weekend.
in a good way, of course.
but almost a little too good.

if you know me, you know i'm the youngest by 8 years.
my mom and i moved to utah when i was 10.
and everytime we went down to visit, i would cry my little eyes out when having to leave.
even as i got older, it never got easier to say goodbye.
the past year i have visited a number of times, and i dont recall crying at all.
a record for me, mind you.
and this last time?
well i'll just tell you that i cried. hard. on and off till flagstaff.
(i still get teary eyed thinking about it)
little me is having a fantastic comeback with these tears.

so needless to say, this first day back home has been a slow motion one.
i'm wondering if it will go back to normal, like it always does with time.
at least i'm hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment